Friday, August 08, 2008

New Beginnings...

Well, today is 8/8/08, and for those of you who don't know, the number "8" signifies "new beginnings."
I woke up this morning before 6 am, yes, I said 6 am...haha. I just laid in the bed for a while, and I just pondered for a moment what this whole concept even means. Then Lamentations came to mind, and I felt so encouraged just remembering the promises from the Lord.
"The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, "The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!" Lamentations 3:22-24
What a promise! In my opinion, it's not about a day or a season or whatever because the Bible says that the mercies of God are new every single morning! I remember listening to this song by Israel Houghton, and I remember him saying this very thing, but he also said that the "morning" doesn't necessarily have to have an "am" next to it. It's not just when we physically wake up that we receive His new mercies, it is moreso when we WAKE UP...when we open our eyes and realize WHO God is, WHO He created us to be, and HOW He sees us, and HOW He wants us to see ourselves! This here is such a beautiful thing. God is certainly a God of beauty, and just how He shines and radiates just blows my mind. I am so thankful to the Lord that we shine and radiate like this because His Holy Spirit lives within us.
For me personally, I have experienced many new beginnings recently. It's not always easy to do this because this also means letting go of the old so God has the room to create the new in our lives. It is letting go of old mindsets, situations, etc. so we can embrace all that He has for us with completion and fullness of joy. This is my heart. It is difficult, but thank God that we do not trek on this new journey alone.
I find myself in Las Vegas at the moment...far from where I thought I would be at this time in my life. God knows best. The great thing about it, too, is that God has shown me why many of the changes in my life have had to take place. God never has bad things in store for us. His plans are for our good. They are amazing because His love for us is simply amazing!
Experiencing new beginnings is a good thing even though it can be scary, especially at first. If you're anything like me, you might not adapt s well to change. I know that I have undergone SO many changes in my life in the past 4 years or so, and it doesn't seem like it will let up soon. However, there is ONE thing I know that will never change, and that is the love of my Heavenly Father for me. God has taught me and continues to teach me alot through these changes. He is showing me that I cannot rely on people, situations, or circumstances because these things always change, but HE remains constant. My stability is in Christ alone.
Yeah sure, it is hard to trust in the One Whom you cannot see. This is what the concept of faith is all about. I am learning something right now very much so that I like to call the STO Factor. Surrender, Trust, and Obey. Is it difficult? Absolutely. Is it necessary? More than you will ever know. This is where we lay everything we are and everything we have at the foot of the cross KNOWING that God is a faithful God. He will never leave us nor forsake us. No change or new beginning do we ever walk through on our own. He is there every step of the way.
So, praise the Lord for new beginnings! Thank God for His faithfulness! Let go of your mistakes, failures, and troubles of yesterday, and embrace the love and new tender mercies of your Heavenly Father TODAY! This is the day that the Lord has made so let's get off our butts and rejoice in it!
Dear Lord,
I just want to praise Your Holy Name for new beginnings. Lord, You are such a loving and amazing God, and I thank You that Your mercies are new every morning. Help me to let go of the old things, the things from yesterday, my mistakes, bad mindsets, and failures, and help me press forward and to embrace and receive Your new mercies today! Jesus, I rejoice in Who You are. You are just such a good God. I want to bless Your name for never leaving me nor forsaking me. Thank You that You walk with me through this new beginning even though it may seem scary and things may not make sense right now. Lord, You know what's best for Your children, so help us to surrender, trust, and obey You each moment of every day. I ask these things with faith and confidence in You and thank You so much for all You have done and continue to do for us. In Jesus' name, AMEN!

No comments: