Saturday, October 14, 2006

I Is Tired

Wow, the past couple of days have been so rough. There is so much spiritual warfare going on here. It's been crazy. Ugh, I hate it. I am not feeling very inspired to write these past few days. Maybe I am just tired or lazy or something. I really should journal more. There are a lot of things I should do more of. Anyway, I had a great time of prayer today. God really touched my heart and ministered to me regarding some heaviness that I have been carrying. I haven't been extremely obedient lately with regards to God's prompting to pray about specific people. So, He really prompted me today. He showed me that as I pray for them and stand into he gap for them, that I am "carrying their heaviness" in a sense. Yuck, I have to work at 9 am. It's not the work part as much as it is me just being sleepy. God has shown me so much these past couple of weeks in the midst of all this stuff going on around me and in my own life. This pruning thing is not easy, nor is it pleasant, but I know that it is necessary. I had a cool night tonight. I hung out at the hostel with my friend, Pat, who I met through my friend, Tara. We had a pretty interesting convo. I enjoy talking to open-minded people. I think I myself even fall into the trap at times of being closed-minded. It's a vicious trap to fall into. I was talking to a girl here named Amanda, and she and I had this great convo about prayer tonight. I feel like I never make God a priority in my life, and I know I do not spend enough time with Him. I desire to have a deeper relationship with Him, and this can only happen through prayer and spending time in His presence. So, the other day I was asked to take a leadership position here at the staff house. I will be the leader and coordinator for the prayer, intercession, and worship. I am really excited about it because that is my passion. I am really hoping that God will give me song lyrics. It's really been on my heart to write, but nothing is flowing yet. Maybe I just need not look for it and allow the Spirit of God to guide me. Anyway, I am tired, and I need to go to bed. I will be sure to give more of an update tomorrow or something.

Night,
Jess <><

No comments: